A LACK OF FEMALE DIRECTORS

19:33

As Damien Chazelle becomes the YOUNGEST EVER winner of the 'Best Director' Oscar at the Academy Awards last night, it makes me want to beat his record.
I mean...how awesome would that be?

One thing that does aggravate me more than anything is that lack of female directors and filmmakers that are on the scene today: 

I don't see any females among these names, something I believe needs to be changed. 

If anything, the lack of female directors drives me to do something about it. There is no doubt that amazing films have been created by females however, there needs to be more. I know that filmmaking and directing is something that I am increasingly thinking about for my future. 

I think one thing that really inspires me and fuels my passion and love for filmmaking is watching other people and watch what they do. I wanted to share with you, my current top three filmmakers.

1) JAMES MORGAN - NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC
I adore the film, shot in Indonesia. Nick Mulvey is one of my favourite artists and this collaboration to me highlights the beauty of filmmaking.


2) CASEY NEISTAT - YOUTUBER
My list really wouldn't be complete without Mr Neistat. He is by far, one of the biggest inspirations of mine. The cinematography he creates is gorgeous but more importantly, his storytelling is impeccable. Below is one of his most recent videos. It is a compelling and heartfelt story of a soldier fighting in Afganistan.


3) DANNY BOYLE - DIRECTOR
I watched Trainspotting (1996) in awe. I also watched Billionaire Boy in awe. He is simply an incredible director.


WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE DIRECTOR?
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FILM?

Anna Nicholls.

You Might Also Like

0 comments