If You Don’t Ask, You Don’t Get

19:16

Since I was toddler, I have always been reminded of one thing. If You Don’t Ask, You Don’t Get. Whether you are asking for seconds of your favourite meal or asking God for guidance, if you do not ask, you do not get.

This saying has recently been on my mind as I search for work experience. I have been worried with the prosperous thought that my HOY (head of year) will yet again bombard me with the question: ‘Anna, have you got work experience yet?’, then followed by ‘Well if you don’t get it sorted soon, I will have to arrange it myself’.
   
Over the last couple of months I have been thinking about Work Experience, with no idea where I would like to go. However, this has recently changed. I have a very strong passion for film making, photography, fashion, writing (my blog) and traveling. A combination of these things would make an ideal job for me in the future. After working out what hobbies make my heart skip, I brainstormed a few places I have had in mind involving these select subjects.

I have sent a few emails out, some to fashion companies asking if they are in need of PA work. I have also had a look at some magazines/ editorial work - all of which have not replied. Yet, there is one company/blog/youtube/everything cool that I have recently sent an email too.

Brace yourselves… don’t laugh.

I have just sent an email to JacksGap.

Despite the fact that, I have a 1% chance of getting my email read and actually offered Work Experience, as I was told, if you don’t ask, you don’t get. I believe that I have taken another step forward in getting out of my comfort zone. This has made me happy; happy of the fact that I am now able to approach people in a confident and sensible manor.  

I think that being inquisitive is a good skill to have. It shows that you are able to ask for help if need be, yet be able to feel confident after receiving new information.

Fingers crossed they read my email haha :D

Any suggestions as to where I could do work experience in London?

Screw them - stay you
cus you are rad

You Might Also Like

0 comments